Thomas line introduced:
Thomas line Discontinued:
- The Diesel
- Diesel 10
- Sir Handel
- Peter Sam
- Thomas Set #1 (with Thomas and the Fat Controller)
- Thomas Set #2 (with Thomas, Troublesome Truck and The Fat Controller)
- Thomas, Annie, and Clarabel Set
- Island of Sodor Playmat
- Diesel 10's BRIO model's arm is similar to that of a crane's arm, as it can move up, down, sideways, and even extend. The claw has a magnet in it to lift cargo, and is tethered to a string.
- Butch's BRIO model came out one year before his Learning Curve model.
- The Windmill bears a striking resemblance to Toby's Windmill in the TV series, despite predating it by several years.
- The BRIO battery-powered Thomas' model has a front magnet, unlike his Learning Curve counterpart.
- Sir Handel's BRIO model has only four wheels.
- Some of Duck's BRIO models have green wheels, while others have the correct black wheels.
- Cranky's BRIO model has the same model basis as BRIO's Massive Blue Tower Crane.
- Splatter and Dodge had beige wheels.
- The BRIO models of Henry, Gordon, and Duke have a hook that connects them to their tenders, but James and Edward use a magnet.
- Toby's face on his BRIO model appears to have been modeled after that of Mavis, despite the fact that Mavis never had her own BRIO model.
- Many of the engines use the same smoke box mold.