Bertie is a friendly red bus. Since 2018, he includes a driver figure.
- 1994 (Passenger silhouettes, nails as headlamps, wooden base)
- 2002 (Updated face with eyebrows, no passengers, rear magnet, more windows, added details, Flat back)
- 2013 (CG style face, no driver, plastic base, curved edges)
- 2018 (Less paint, open middle section for figure)
- The original Bertie used nails as headlamps, and was the only other vehicle besides Sir Topham Hatt's Car to have this feature.
- Bertie is the only road vehicle to have a battery-operated variation.
- Bertie's 1994 prototype had black stickers for windows.
- Bertie's 2002 prototype had no rear magnet.
- Bertie's 2013 prototype depicted him in the correct shade of red paint. Another prototype gave him red hubcaps instead of all-black wheels.
- A prototype 2018 Bertie depicts him with red wheels and black tires.