Duke (first released as Duke with Coal Car) is one of the oldest engines on the island who worked on the Mid Sodor Railway.
- 1997 (wooden funnel)
- 1998 (plastic funnel)
- 1999 (redesigned plastic funnel)
- 2002 (ledge removed)
- 2009 (new design with updated livery)
- Duke was the first engine to have a plastic coal tender, before all other tender engines were updated with it in 1999.
- Duke's tender is referred to as his "Coal Car".
- Duke was reintroduced in 2008 for the 2009 range as a DVD tie-in product, along with Smudger.
- Duke's character card says that he is the oldest narrow gauge engine, despite the fact that Skarloey and Rheneas are older.