- 2011 (CGI style face)
- 2013 (Updated face, added detail, curved edges and longer magnet guards)
- 2017 (redesigned face, slightly redesigned details, smaller middle wheel, more compact tender wheels)
- 2018 (No paint on chassis and various other spots, smaller face and smokebox, larger all black funnel, larger cab, flat rectangular tender)
- Emily's 2004 prototype did not feature her chocolate-colored running boards.
- The 2009 Yearbook incorrectly describes her as rescuing Oliver and Toad from mud.
- Emily's 2013 model is seen with and without a red front buffer beam.
- The 2017 prototype Emily shows her with a 2011 styled face, her running broad is now included on her wheel arch, her "grate"/"fence" on her tender is missing, the one box closest to her face looks more squished and she has an incorrect black roof.
- The 2018 Emily has her running board printed on unlike her prototype.