- 2011 (red and black wheels)
- 2013 (updated details, unpainted black wheels on late 2013 versions, curved edges)
- 2018 (No paint on chassis and various other spots, more square cab, more wooden body, flatter face, flat roof with no water cannons, more wooden trailer with four wheels)
- Flynn is the fifth fire truck introduced into the line, the others being the fire truck featured with the Sodor Fire Department, the Sodor Fire Crew and the fire truck featured with the Deluxe Fire Department.
- The 2011-2012 version comes in Day of the Diesels packaging.
- Flynn's trailer is the only vehicle with one pair of wheels.
- Flynn's trailer on the 2018 version has four wheels despite still having only two wheel arches, as it is a reworking of a tender's tooling.