Gordon (first released as Gordon the Big Blue Engine until 2000) is a big blue express engine who feels that he is the fastest and strongest on the island.
- 1992-1993: All versions had staples, flat magnets, undated wheels
- flat topped funnel, smokebox not connected to front bufferbeam, solid coal
- flat topped funnel, smokebox connected to front bufferbeam, speckled coal
- beveled funnel, smokebox connected to front bufferbeam, speckled coal
- no staples, flat magnets, undated wheels
- no staples, round magnets, 1994 wheels
- 1996 (smaller round magnets this year only, rounded funnel
- 1997 (thicker wheels)
- 1998 (plastic coal added)
- 1999 (plastic funnel and smokebox)
- 2002 (new face, larger smokebox and boiler, added detail, removed ledge)
- 2003-2010 (striped boiler)
- 2011-2012 (new CGI style face)
- 2012-2016 (new face, curved edges, longer magnet guards, other minor details)
- 2017 (redesigned smaller face, slightly redesigned details)
- 2018 (No paint on chassis and various other spots, single bogie, larger cab, flat rectangular tender, no Dome)
- The prototype 1999 Gordon is an image of the prototype 1992 with plastic coal edited into the image.
- The prototype 2002 Gordon had a different shaped cab, resembling the shape of James' cab.