Rusty is a kind orange diesel engine who works on the Skarloey Railway.
- 1995 (white roof, flat magnets)
- 1996 (round magnets)
- 2001 (black roof, red buffer beam, improved exhaust graphics, no cab ledge)
- 2012 (larger CG style face, back window, and red lamp)
- 2013 (updated details, nail removed, curved edges and longer magnet guards, only in Rusty to the Rescue)
- 2018 (printed details on exposed wood, thinner face, smaller one-piece body, molded water cap)
- The prototype 1995 Rusty had a face resembling Mavis'.
- The prototype 1995 was featured in the 1997-1998 pamphlets, but the picture of the 1996 version was featured in the yearbooks.
- The 1995 Rusty having flat magnets is likely due to existing stocks of flat magnets already at the factories at the time.
- Despite being discontinued separately after 1999, the 2001 Rusty was sold separately in 2006.
- He was not featured in the 1999 pamphlet, but was featured in yearbook.