- 2011 (CGI style face)
- 2013 (Curved edges, added details, wooden hazard stripe radiators, updated face, black running board and longer magnet guards)
- 2018 (No paint on chassis and various other spots, no silver dome, more square body)
- Battery-Powered Salty (2006)
- Talking Railway Series Salty
- Gold Dust Salty from Gold Mine Mountain Set
- Early Engineers Salty
- Oil-Covered Salty (2011)
- Talking Salty (2011)
- Green Salty (2013)
- Celebration Salty (2014)
- The first 2002 prototype Salty had eight wheels, pink stripes on the sides instead of orange, a grey buffer beam and footplate and blue windows.
- The second prototype had a black buffer beam and footplate.
- He was not featured in the 2002 or 2004 pamphlets, but was featured in the yearbooks.