Skarloey is a wise, old narrow gauge engine. He is one of the oldest engines on the Island.
- 1996 (wooden funnel, smaller face, pinker livery)
- 1997 (plastic funnel)
- 1999 (redesigned plastic funnel, larger face, oranger livery)
- 2011 (darker livery, new details)
- 2012 (CG style face, additional details)
- 2013 (curved edges, updated face, less details and longer magnet guards)
- Mud-covered Skarloey (Skarloey and the Puppet Show 3-car pack)
- Skarloey was the first steam engine to receive front windows on his Wooden Railway model.
- His 1996 prototype had Percy's face, a round roof, and flat magnets.
- In the 1996 Yearbook, a Prototype Skarloey was seen with James' face.
- Skarloey was part of the 2005 Lead Paint Recall.
- Skarloey never had a cab ledge despite being introduced in 1996 when all other engines still had cab ledges.