Stepney was an engine brought to the Bluebell Railway.
- 1996 (wooden funnel, thin wheels)
- 1997 (thick wheels, old-shaped plastic funnel)
- 2003 (larger face, larger body, crisper livery accents, handrails on cab, remoulded funnel)
- The prototype 1996 Stepney features Thomas' face and flat magnets.
- Stepney was the first item to be based on a real-life engine. Others include Flying Scotsman and Wilbert.
- Stepney never had the redesigned plastic funnel, thus making him the only engine to have the old-shaped funnel all the way to 2001.
- Stepney never had a cab ledge despite being introduced in 1996 while other engines still featured them.
- The 1996 Stepney has been included in many Home Video Bonus Packs released after 2003.
- Stepney was not featured in the 2000 pamphlet, however, it was featured in the yearbook.