The rules of the wiki are a subject for all users. Therefore:
- Any registered user may propose guidelines or changes to existing guidelines
- All users may take part in the discussion of such changes; however, administrators are the only voting users
- One administrator can veto a proposal, but a two-thirds majority of other administrators may override the veto and pass the proposal
- To avoid problems:
- Any proposal in which the vote is hung and cannot be reconciled within a week of the original proposal will be declared a failure and not ratified (per GP 1.10)
- Proposals in which a poll is being taken are not subject to GP 1.10 until the end of the poll. After the poll ends GP 1.10 enters effect and a second poll is not possible (per GP 1.15)
- IP users are not entitled to propose guideline amendments nor take part in discussion of such things (GP 1.11)
- As part of their duties, administrators are to vote on all proposals in a timely manner
This page contains an archive of previous discussions.
17.01 Use of non-Wooden Railway images
My proposal is to have some restrictions when it comes to users uploading particular types of images. Several users upload images that are not going to be used anywhere else except for their user page, and they have no relevance to the rest of us when working with other recently uploaded images. These images have limited uses and what gets done with them shouldn't be our responsibility, and we are not to know whether the user has simply made a mistake or has chosen to remove it from their user page, thus leaving the file sitting around untouched and never used again in our database. I've gone to "clean up" after users when I'm browsing the unused files section and discovered images that have been untouched for years. I do not understand what is so special about this site compared to other places which cater specifically for those interests, particularly when there is a wiki out there purely dedicated for the users in the Wooden Railway fan social community. I believe we ought to limit what sort of things can be uploaded or scrap them all together. Jdogman (talk) 12:51, January 21, 2015 (UTC)
- Oppose: In light of experience with similar restrictions on the TTTE Wikia and the restrictions they presented toward freedom of expression, I have to vote nay. --OrigamiAirEnforcer (talk) 18:39, January 21, 2015 (UTC)
- Agreed: While I admit I don't have any editing experience on the TTTE wikia (I mostly just browse it), strong points have been made on the limited use of non-Wooden Railway images, and I think it might be a good idea to exercise restrictions. FDMG, 6:48 P.M. EST Approx. FlyingDuckManGenesis (talk) 23:48, February 28, 2015 (UTC)
Result: Having resulted in a hung vote without resolution for more than 10 days, the proposal failed in voting (per GP 1.10) and was not ratified.